Kvaser Ethercan HS
Price: USD 803.00
The Kvaser Ethercan HS is a powerful, real-time Ethernet to CAN interface that, when linked over the Internet to an Ethernet-equipped PC, allows CAN data to be remotely accessed from anywhere in the world. Built-in Power over Ethernet (PoE) eliminates the need for a separate power cable when you can't power the device from the CAN bus.
Kvaser’s Ethercan product range makes it easy to implement the Internet of Things (IoT) concept by enabling data from any CAN product or system to be sent over a corporate network or WAN, using the standard Kvaser CANlib API. Users of the Kvaser Ethercan HS can also choose to connect to the device using the built-in REST API for web-enabled devices, such as smartphones.
As a programmable interface, the Kvaser Ethercan HS is suited to advanced applications, such as ECU reflashing. For example, a t program could be created to process CAN messages locally in the device, removing the latency of WiFi and/or Ethernet.
- High-speed CAN connection (compliant with ISO 11898-2), up to 1 Mbit/s.
- Networked CAN interface with Kvaser t programmability.
- Supports Kvaser REST API, enabling CAN data exchange with a variety of web-enabled devices.
- Time stamp accuracy of 25 µs.
- Ethernet connection has auto-MDIX, so it automatically detects and adjusts for the Ethernet cable being used.
- Built-in Power over Ethernet (PoE) - receives data and power over the Ethernet cable.
- Also receives power over CAN so the Ethercan can be powered through devices such as the Kvaser DB9-Power Inlet.
- Small, lightweight plastic housing with galvanic isolation.
- Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000® and DeviceNet.
- Includes Ethercan Factory Reset Device. This device provides the ability to reset the Ethercan's IP address to factory defaults at the push of a button.
- Supports Windows Vista or later.
- 2-Year Warranty. See our General Conditions and Policies for details. Register your product at www.kvaser.com/getting-started for an additional 1-year Warranty Extension.
- Free Technical Support on all products available by contacting email@example.com.
- Documentation, Kvaser CANlib SDK and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANlib SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, Visual Basic, Python and the Kvaser t programming language.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share the common software API, CANlib SDK. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types.
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- HTML-Help and online documentation are included in the CANlib SDK.
LIN, CABLES, DIN Rail, Interfaces, Hardware, Dataloggers, CAN, Accessories
PoE (Power over Ethernet) IEEE 802.3af or CAN +9V to +35V DC
Error Counters Reading
Error Frame Generation
Messages Per Second Receive
Messages Per Second Sending
Win 7, Win Vista, Win 10, Win 8
-20 °C to +70 °C
Timestamp Resolution (µs)
Kvaser DIADEM driver
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
Kvaser Drivers for Windows
Windows drivers for all our CAN hardware. Please check the release notes for information on which Windows versions are supported. The package also contains a driver for a virtual CAN bus, for testing and evaluation when you don't have access to a physical CAN bus.
Development Kits and Tools
The Canlib module is a Python wrapper for Kvaser CANlib SDK.
Kvaser LabView VI Library for CAN
Library for National Instrument's LabView. Version for all Kvaser CAN hardware.
Kvaser CANlib SDK
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Libraries, header files, sample programs for e.g. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Delphi, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.
WE HAVE OVER UNIQUE SOFTWARE OPTIONS TO PAIR WITH KVASER HARDWARE
As well as having a premium global reseller network, Kvaser provides all it’s customers with access to a large number of tailored software that works perfectly with Kvasrer hardware.
Bus Analysis25 Software Partners in this category
Monitor and analyze CAN messages on the bus. Check error codes, bus speed, and more.
Calibration9 Software Partners in this category
Software and tools use to measure and fine tune CAN bus systems with precision.
CANopen14 Software Partners in this category
Software libraries and software specializing in the CANopen protocol, widely used in the Industrial Automation market and beyond.
Data Acquisition7 Software Partners in this category
Software for data management and analysis in real-time and post-measurement. Some packages include provision for gathering video, gps and data from other sensors.
Diagnostics13 Software Partners in this category
Tools for developing diagnostic functionality in any system, including ECUs. These include pre-generated diagnostic software components that will help developers and engineers to create reliable diagnostic functions and sequences that work throughout the test chain.
ECU Development12 Software Partners in this category
Development platforms that enable the design of automotive subsystems, up to entire ECU networks.
Protocol Stack12 Software Partners in this category
Software libraries for developing CANopen slave or master devices. Available in C-code and supporting a range of MCUs, these stacks are proven in the field.
System Development17 Software Partners in this category
Software packages that aid in the development of high-quality systems for automation, automotive, and systems integration.
Kvaser-Compatible Software Provided by 109 Software Partners
See our entire list of 52 Technical Associates over 97 countries always ready to give you fully customized support.View Partner List